Saturday, May 10, 2008

Garden In May

A view of the garden in early May. In the foreground a tepee structure that Matt built for me so that the mystery squash that are growing can go up. My mom and I found the mystery squash in late April. They had seed leaves just like a squash or cucumber so we decided to transplant them and see what they become. All the holes dug around it are filled with onion seedlings.
In the next bed the red walls of water protect Brussels Sprouts and broccoli seedling. Garlic is growing behind that as well as carrots, radishes, shallots and some other squash that I hope will sprout.

In the third bed you can see we have lettuce, beets, mesclun (under jars), spinach, dill(under jars), and peas. The peas had a horrible germination rate. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I'll fill the other half of the bed with tomatoes and beans when the frost date is past.

No comments: