Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kale Harvest

Matron over at Down on the Allotment is hosting Matron's Worldwide Veggie Show 2009.
I'm entering this photo of my kale leaves. To join in, take a picture of 6 veggies of similar size and email to her at
Ahhmatron@aol.com. She will be judging the photos on July 14th.


They were chosen from this large harvest of kale that I picked last week before I left town for vacation. It was almost 12 oz of kale. I stripped the plants down pretty good leaving only a few smaller inner leaves because I knew I wouldn't be there to attack the cabbage moth caterpillars for the next week. I wanted to give them less surface area to eat on. We'll see if it worked when I return later this week.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Your Kale harvest looks great. I have tuscano kale growing in my window box, such a nice looking plant. I have yet to get the courage to try it though, kale kind of scares me :-)