Friday, October 24, 2008

Boatneck Sweater 1

I started this sweater on Oct 18th and have been working slowly on it. Last Fall I attempted a sweater, but found after knitting the back and front that I didn't have enough yarn for the sleeves. I'll be frogging that one sometime. This time I looked carefully at a variety of patterns on Ravelry and found on I liked. The pattern is a Cotton Classic Boatneck Pullover and the best part is it is free. I wanted to use wool and found another knitter who had successfully used Swish DK from Knitpicks I am following her lead by using size 5 needles to achieve gauge. I choose Amethyst Heather. Since the back and front are identical, I decided to knit it in the round and save myself the trouble of trying to match exactly if I added extra rounds by mistake. I'm also modifying the pattern to make the cables mirror each other. Hopefully I'll finish before winter is over!

No comments: