Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Works in Progress

After finishing my Boatneck Sweater last week, the only knitting project I had on needles was this scarf, called My So Called Scarf.I am past the half way point on it, but it not as exciting as something new. I quickly knit a hat for someone, but that only took two days. In November and December it became the norm for me to have two or three projects going at the same time. So with just a scarf, I was becoming antsy to start something new. My mom asked me to knit her a Shalom cardigan and I found some yarn for it on Sunday, but I didn't have her measurements and I wanted to cast on.

So I used a Christmas present, Sensational Knitted Socks, to pick out a pattern and cast on another pair of socks for myself.
Just as I got those started, my mom sent her measurements and I was able to start on her sweater. The sweater has taken precedence over the past few days and here is my progress.
There are no snow days in the forecast for this week, so it may be a week or two before I finish it. In the mean time I'll work on the sweater at home and the other two projects are a good size for when I'm on the go.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I see the new light box is coming in handy for displaying your projects nicely.