Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Placket Pull Over

I knit this sweater for some friends of ours who are about to have their third child, and first son. I made it out of cotton since he's a spring baby and because it will easily go in the wash. It always looks as though the proportions are odd when I knit this pattern, but then I have to remember that baby's bodies are odd proportions. It's a free pattern from purlsoho.com called Child's Placket-Neck Pullover and will download as a pdf from the link. It's a very easy pattern that is knit from the bottom up to where the arms join in. You knit the arms and then use a raglan decreases to knit the body and arms together. The only seaming to do is joining the underarms to the sweater. Next time I make one I might try some stripes.

4 comments:

MNGarden said...

The sweater is gorgeous. How long does it take to make something like that?
Donna

Lively Jason said...

When you pour your love and tenderness into it, any proportions will be good!

Emily said...

Thanks for the compliments.

Donna- It takes around 6 hours I'd estimate. It's a pretty quick knit.

onmywayhome said...

And as the recipient's Mom, I'd love to say how much I love it!!! It looks even better in person. And hopefully we'll soon find out how it looks on the baby, any day now... :)