Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pollinators

Yesterday was our second day in a row without rain. I'm hoping the streak will continue today. I caught these pollinators out in the late afternoon sun. I was glad to see both the fly and bumble bee on my broccoli. I've decided that since it is too late to pull it and plant anything else, I'll try to save it's seeds. The only trouble is I have no idea what variety it is since I got the seedling from a colleague. If I do end up with seeds I might have to ask her to go back and look at her records.

Syrphid Fly on Broccoli Flower
Wasp on Goldenrod
Bumble Bee on MarigoldYellow Jacket on Goldenrod

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Help the honeybees!

Prevent the loss of the world food supply. Learn how you can help cure Colony Collapse Disorder.

What is the bee tree?
thebeetree(dot)org