Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation

Since we're headed on vacation this next week, I thought it was time to go through the photos we took on our getaway weekend at the beginning of the month on the northern part of Lake Champlain. Here are a few of the best.
My first experience of these frogs was a sudden movement through tall grass as I walked. I jumped. All I could see was the grass moving quickly and I had no idea what it was. As we walked farther we caught glimpses of the many frogs. Later in the day we got a really nice photo of one posing on a tree trunk.
We also caught a beautiful sunset from the Burlington Harbor.
I love the way you can see the light waning in this one. It's hard to see at this size but there is a small sailboat still out on the water.

Last week I was worried that our garden might suffer without us around for a week, but my fears have been allayed by the more than 3 inches of rain this week with more in the forecast this weekend. Nevertheless, I may try out the watering spikes I bought which attach to soda bottles. There will be no news from the garden next week. Instead I have a few updates on knitting projects set to post.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Those photos are beautiful. I have never heard of these watering spikes. If you don't mind, where did you buy them? I live on the Gulf and they would be wonderful in this heat.

Emily said...

Eve,
I looked around online and ended up ordering these from www.groworganic.com I liked that they had adjustable flow and that you didn't have to cut up the soda bottle.