Monday, May 31, 2010

Harvest Monday 5/31/10

The harvests are growing slightly larger each week and a bit more varied too. You can see what other gardeners are harvesting at Daphne's Dandelions.

On Tuesday I harvested 6.25 oz of lettuce, spinach and arugula for a salad. We had some friends in town from Singapore and they joined us for dinner that night.
I harvested a bit of rhubarb (and forgot to weigh it), and then bought more at the farmers market to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie. This weekend I harvested 2.75 oz of lettuce thinnings, 4 oz of arugula for an asparagus/arugula pesto, and 1.5 oz of the first radishes. Harvests this week: 14.3 oz
Harvests this year: 2.3 pounds

Here's the pizza we made with the arugula pesto topped with zucchini, pepperoni, mozerella, asparagus, and our radishes. Before baking,
Ready to eat! We enjoyed it.

9 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

That pizza looks just delicious. Somedays I think I need a new family that likes veggies so I can do things like that. Nah I'll keep them. Then I don't have to share.

Anonymous said...

Spinach is looking great!
I love lettuce thinnings.

Dave @ HappyAcres said...

That is a nice variety of veggies you have! That pizza does look great. I would never have thought about using radishes, though asparagus is one of our favorite toppings, along with arugula.

Jamie said...

JEALOUS!!! I want that pizza ;) YUM!!!

michelle said...

Radishes on pizza sure are pretty. I guess the most unusual topping I put on pizza is lemon slices.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Radish pizza: another idea that might make me eat the darn things. I've also heard of cooking them up like a root vegetable. At the moment, I can only stomach daikon. I think it's a childhood aversion that I haven't gotten over.

Love the picture of the rhubarb.

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin said...

That pizza looks awesome! I've never thought to put radishes on a pizza before, but what a great idea.

Angela said...

Lovely and varied harvest! And I want a bite of this pizza too!

Dan said...

Looks yummy!